Managing Cloud Native Data on Kubernetes
Architecting Cloud Native Data Services Using Open Source Technology
Is Kubernetes ready for stateful workloads? This open source system has become the primary platform for deploying and managing cloud native applications. But because it was originally designed for stateless workloads, working with data on Kubernetes has been challenging. If you want to avoid the inefficiencies and duplicative costs of having separate infrastructure for applications and data, this practical guide can help.
Using Kubernetes as your platform, you'll learn open source technologies that are designed and built for the cloud. Authors Jeff Carpenter and Patrick McFadin provide case studies to help you explore new use cases and avoid the pitfalls others have faced. You'll get an insider's view of what's coming from innovators who are creating next-generation architectures and infrastructure.
- Learn how to use basic Kubernetes resources to compose data infrastructure
- Automate the deployment and operations of data infrastructure on Kubernetes using tools like Helm and operators
- Evaluate and select data infrastructure technologies for use in your applications
- Integrate data infrastructure technologies into your overall stack
- Explore emerging technologies that will enhance your Kubernetes-based applications in the future
Share Managing Cloud Native Data on Kubernetes