CI/CD with Docker and Kubernetes
How to Deliver Cloud Native Applications at High Velocity
Containers change how developers build, test, and deploy code. Adopting them takes time. Using them the wrong way can slow down your delivery process.
But you don't have a team of engineers to dedicate to this like Spotify or Netflix do. Maybe you're a startup CTO with features to ship - you can't spend hundreds of hours on internal systems.
Using this free ebook as a guide, you won't need a dedicated sysadmin to have a productive container-based CI/CD process.
By the end of this book you will understand:
- The key benefits of using Docker containers and how to attain them.
- How deployment to Kubernetes works.
- How both our culture and delivery tools need to change in order to fully benefit from the agility that containers and cloud can offer.
You will be able to:
- Execute a detailed roadmap to adopting containers.
- Build and test applications with Docker.
- Perform canary deployments to Kubernetes on the major cloud providers (AWS, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud).
- Configure serverless CI/CD pipelines with Semaphore that automate the whole process.
Share CI/CD with Docker and Kubernetes